The winter is one of the most difficult times to be able to pull off great style, especially if you live in a place where it snows. The hard cold and the melancholy feel of the season work diligently against your will to style up well. But these reasons should not turn into an excuse for you to ignore your styling up needs. It may seem like an impossible task, but a few hacks here and there should have you looking your best even if things get frigid.
Here are our top five tips to ensure that you look your best all winter:
- Level up your Layering: Layering is your best friend during the winter. An excellent working knowledge of it during the winter will make the ladies stop and take notice of you and the men, want to ask you how you manage to pull off great style when it is snowing out there. Use popular apparel choices like denim jackets, pullover, overcoats and bomber and change up the order in which you wear them. Move into the lower areas of your ensemble under an overcoat for example. Throw on a jumper over a shirt before you top it off with a bomber. Your imagination is your only limit with this one.
- Focus on Fabrics: Layering is done the best when you get the right material in the right place. What we mean by that is, wear something that feels soft and cosy, closer to your skin. If you don’t want to wear a cotton shirt or a T-shirt on the bottom, try starting off with a merino jumper and work your way to the top. Ultimately, you should look to find the right balance between comfort and good looks. Remember this simple tip. Soft and cosy material on the bottom, heavier but lighter materials like wool on top, polyester and modern age materials as your outer layer.
- Boot Up: Being cosy everywhere, except at your feet can be a strange feeling. Invest in good quality rugged footwear. Sturdy boots are a practical choice in the winter. They are also a stylish one at that. You can wear them with denim jeans, chinos, cargos or woollen trousers, making them extremely versatile as well. There are also plenty of varieties to choose from ranging from Chelsea Boots to Desert Boots. All the options and the rocking good looks of the boots will take care of your footwear needs really well.
- Invest in Outerwear: Outerwear apparel like the overcoat, technical jacket, leather jacket and bomber jacket are the most important part of any man’s winter wardrobe. Get something that has an impeccable quality even if it has a premium cost. That way, you get an apparel that is durable and great on looks. Darker and earthy colours are ideal since any dust that gathers on them does not show on them.
- Dial Down the Brights: Remember that it is a white and grey world out there. Bright colours can look gaudy. Neutral tones such as grey, black, brown are the ones that make the most sense during the winter season. Make well-informed decisions about your colour choices and top those off with footwear and accessories that make everything look natural.